top of page

Cell Phone Dealer's Group

Public·72 members
Otto Rodionov
Otto Rodionov

Acceptableness

Historically, much of everyday life in the U.S. has been organized around the idea that white is good, pure, righteous, and most deserving of privilege, power, and protection. In this way, white supremacy no longer derives its power from an explicit social acceptableness. Instead, it has wedded itself, almost imperceptibly, to that which is considered neutral, normal, safe, and reasonable.

acceptableness

This makes white supremacy as American as apple pie, and not so easily contained, disregarded, or undone. This is why I refer to it as a logic, and, more specifically, even as a pathologic. Because it's not simply a belief negotiated by individuals, but a logic by which our society is fundamentally organized. White supremacy no longer derives its power from an explicit social acceptableness. Instead, its power lies in the ways in which it has simply wedded itself, almost imperceptibly, to that which is considered neutral, normal, safe, and reasonable. So much so, that even when we dispel our laws of racist language and ideas, we so often still manage to leverage them in racist ways. In ways that, again, protect and value whiteness, and disparage, to different degrees and in different ways, all others.

From the steamer on which he returned he wrote (September 7, 1896) to his sister Mary: "The passengers have fixed upon me to represent them in making a speech this evening at dinner expressive of the courtesy and care the Captain has shown us. I demurred and asked that some other person be chosen, urging that my ecclesiastical character might detract from my acceptableness with some," but a prominent agnostic on board declared him acceptable, a Jew spoke out for the minority which he represented, and "I was cornered," said Bishop Hare, "and have been incubating." The barrier of "ecclesiastical character" had indeed long been broken down, though there was still much work for him to do in his official capacity, with a store of the strength of determination for its performance. In November of 1896 he was writing to his sister Mary from points in a visitation to the Indian country, rendered nearly impassable by terrific snow storms. "A nine-hours' continuous drive in heavy snow Friday," he wrote November 11, "tired me considerably, but on the whole I stand the journeys well." On November 29, he wrote: "I stood the exposure well, though I had to go to bed for two days while at Pine Ridge." At Christmas his sisters sent him a head-rest--"which," he wrote in gratitude for it, "I am sure I shall enjoy. The longer one's head is on his shoulders, the more he begins to wish it were somewhere else."

the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God; the "streams" of this river are eternal election; the covenant of grace its blessings and promises; the provision and mission of Christ as a Saviour, and redemption by him; justification, pardon, adoption, regeneration, perseverance in grace, and eternal life; called "streams", because they flow from the fountain of divine love; and because of the rapidity, force, and power of the grace of God, in the application of them in conversion, which carries all before it; and because of the abundance, continuance, and freeness of them, and the gratefulness and acceptableness of them to those who see the worth of them, and their interest in them; see ( Song of Solomon 4:15 ) ; and these, when made known and applied, "make glad" the hearts of God's people under a sense of sin and guilt, under divine desertions, the temptations of Satan, and the various afflictions they meet with; for these are intended by "the city of God", as the church is often called, because of his building, and where he dwells, and where the saints are fellow citizens. And the same are signified by

Further, does not this lovely symbol of my text suggest to us a glorious thought, the acceptableness even of our poor prayers, if they come from hearts inflamed with love because of Christ's great redeeming love? The Psalmist, thinking humbly of himself and of the worth of anything that he can bring, says, 'Let my prayer come before Thee as incense,' an 'odour of a sweet smell, acceptable to God'; yes, even our prayers will be sweet to Him if they are prayers of true aspiration and mounting faith, leaping from a kindled heart, kindled at the great flame of Christ's love. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the Cell Phone Dealer's group! You can connect wi...